On the Meeting of the Interagency Commission on Countering Money Laundering, Financing of Terrorism and Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction
On December 22, 2017 a regular session of the Interagency Commission on Countering Money Laundering, Financing of Terrorism and Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction was held at the Federal Financial Monitoring Service.
The meeting of the Interagency Commission was attended by representatives of the President’s Executive Office, Government of the Russian Federation, Security Council of the Russian Federation, Russian Home Office, Russian Foreign Office, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Justice, Central Election Commission of Russia, Federal Security Service, Federal Tax Service, Federal Customs Service, Federal Bailiff Service of Russia, Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia, Federal Service for Technical and Export Control, Roskomnadzor, Rosfinmonitoring, Bank of Russia, Assay Chamber of Russia, Investigative Committee of Russia and Prosecutor General’s Office.
The following issues were on the agenda:
- Preparation to the national and sectoral evaluation of money laundering and terrorist financing risks.
- Key problems of the preparation of the Russian Federation to the Fourth round of mutual evaluations of national AML/CFT/PWMD systems and solution measures.
- On problematic issues of countering money laundering (Immediate Outcomes 6, 7, 8).
- On problematic issues of countering terrorist financing (Immediate Outcomes 9, 10).
- On problematic issues of improving effectiveness of the AML/CFT system (Immediate Outcomes 3, 4).
- On the evaluation of effectiveness of the national system of combating legalization (laundering) of proceeds from crime, terrorist financing, and its compliance with eleven Immediate Outcomes of Methodology of assessing technical compliance with the FATF Recommendations and effectiveness of AML/CFT systems.
- Outcomes of the Interagency Commission performance in 2017.